ALPINE HALO9 ILX-F509 MULTIMEDIA RECEIVER - 9"
Spice up your ordinary dash with a 9" high-res display
Alpine's iLX-F509 Halo9 digital media receiver takes all the things you love about their Halo9 iLX-F409 stereo and adds wireless Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ and a high-resolution display to make it even more car-friendly. It boasts an impressive 9" touch display yet can in most single-DIN (2" tall) dash openings — and it's adjustable so you can set the perfect viewing angle and still get to your climate controls. Alpine added a LOT more pixels to the display and made it even more responsive, so it will deliver high-quality images quickly. It also features smartphone integration so you can roll with your favorite apps, plus compatibility with the iDatalink Maestro module so you can keep your beloved factory features.
Floats like a butterfly
The iLX-F509 comes in two pieces: a 2" tall chassis and a 9" floating touchscreen display. The chassis fits in most single-DIN dash openings, and since there's no disc player, the mounting depth shouldn't be an issue for most vehicles, and you have two separate depths you can choose from. Once you've mounted the chassis in your dash opening, you can choose from five available vertical mounting positions for the screen, giving you the flexibility to position the radio without blocking essential dash climate controls. Even if your vents are partially blocked, Alpine designed the radio to function under typical in-vehicle temperatures.
Check your dash!
Important Note — The screen measures 9.155" x 5.935". Before ordering, check for possible interference with your dash, your shifter, and all other controls.
See things from the best angle
Once you've determined the best vertical position for the display, you also have the option of changing the screen viewing angle up to 45 degrees forward or 20 degrees backward. This allows you to accommodate for angled dashes or just get a better look at your iLX-F509's display. A pressure-tilt mechanism gives you a high degree of flexibility for finding the perfect spot. After you've chosen the best positions, four screws hold the display firmly in place.
We live in an 8K world now, so there's no reason your stereo's screen can't look a little better. Alpine gave this display a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, so your album artwork and other information will be clear and focused. When you're parked and checking out some video, the iLX-F509 can act as a drive-in theater — just bring your own popcorn.
Take your entertainment on the road
Even without a disc player, the iLX-F509 offers lots of ways to enjoy your media. Dual rear USB inputs let you attach your smartphone or a thumb drive with your favorite music or video files. The rear HDMI connection allows you to hook up to an optional CD/DVD or Blu-Ray player. An auxiliary input lets you bring in audio from another source, such as an old-school portable disc player.
Add some security
Rear-view camera owners will appreciate the included camera inputs and distance guidance display. The inputs work with Alpine's advanced HD dash cam/rear-view cam combo for all-over coverage of your vehicle. And if you'd like to add Alpine's optional HCE-C2100RD multi-view camera, you'll need this 2-camera switcher (not included) as well. The camera inputs are compatible with Alpine cameras only; Alpine includes one composite video adapter for connecting a non-Alpine camera.
Works with both wired and wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
The iLX-F509's compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, so you and your passengers can enjoy messaging, mapping, tune selection, and much more from your smartphone without touching any screens. Both platforms work with voice commands, which you can activate by speaking a keyword or pressing the dedicated "Voice" button on the stereo's bezel. You can get stuff done without being distracted by your phone, and you can use either platform with your phone plugged in or wirelessly. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
The iLX-F509 continues Alpine's long relationship with Bluetooth connectivity. Use it to make or receive hands-free phone calls via your smartphone with the included microphone, or stream music from your phone with ease. You can also use the included microphone to activate voice commands for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Make your home screen more relatable
Along the bottom of the iLX-F509's bezel you'll find some helpful buttons, including a dedicated microphone button to activate voice controls for CarPlay and Android Auto. You can also customize your home screen with up to 3 pages of functions that you want to access — choose among 22 different offerings, including a clock and your various audio sources. You can even upload a photo from a thumb drive to serve as your wallpaper on the bountiful 9" display.
Radio options for sound and variety
The iLX-F509 boasts excellent entertainment choices up and down the dial:
When your smartphone is connected, this Alpine's ready to roll with your favorite streaming services. Pull up playlists, albums, and more with ease, and check out the information on the iLX-F509's gorgeous display. Tidal users will have full array of the service's high-res audio offerings at their disposal, with a custom app interface right on the radio's display. You can explore it all when you're connected to a wi-fi hotspot, and some Tidal features may require a subscription.
Big-time audio, too
The iLX-F509's not only a pretty face, it also boasts plenty of ways to keep your ears happy. You can use its many fingertip-friendly controls to set the EQ — this Alpine offers both Basic and Advanced tuning options, with 13-band parametric adjustments, time correction, and much more. And it works with lossless FLAC files to give you the thrilling digital media experience you crave. You'll be sure to hear the results thanks to Alpine's commitment to using high-quality audio components, such as a full-digital power integrated circuit and custom capacitors to keep the signal strong, clean, and free of noise.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
This Alpine offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle data on the Alpine's screen. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to your Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Add a wireless volume knob
Our customers are often very loud and clear about how much they miss volume knobs on today's stereos, especially the ones with touchscreens. Alpine's RUX-H02 Halo wireless level controller (sold separately) lets you mount a convenient knob nearly anywhere you like, thanks to its Bluetooth connectivity. You can add a rotary volume knob and subwoofer level controller without running additional wires, for the ultimate in mounting flexibility. Turn up the sound, the old-school way!
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play discs)
- 9" hi-res capacitive touchscreen with adjustable vertical mounting positions and viewing angles
- high-resolution (1280x720 pixels) display
- fits single-DIN dash openings
- HD Radio tuner built-in
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming (external microphone included)
Smartphone features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- Apple CarPlay compatible (wired and wireless)
- Android Auto compatible (wired and wireless)
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- full Tidal integration with custom display (requires a wi-fi connection and Tidal smartphone app)
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, APE, and FLAC music files (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- plays AVC, FLV, H,264, MP4, MPEG-4, and MOV video files
- plays lossless FLAC audio files up to 96kHz/24-bit
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
- 13-band parametric equalizer (Basic or Advanced)
- 6-channel time correction
- high- and low-pass filters
- Bass Engine SQ
- MediaXpander HD
- works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner—supports Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- compatible with optional Halo wireless level controller
- compatible with optional 2-camera switcher
- compatible with optional HD dash cam with rear-view camera
- inputs: 2 rear USB ports; rear HDMI input; rear auxiliary input; 2 proprietary camera inputs (one composite video adapter is included for non-Alpine cameras)
- outputs: rear HDMI output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- Important Note — Monitor dimensions are 9.155" x 5.935". Before ordering, check for possible interference with your dash.
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings, video display, and other features on this receiver (the parking brake must be connected and set, released, and set again)
- built-in internal amp (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- 9" Touchscreen monitor
- Source unit
- Wiring harness (15A fuse)
- Preout harness
- iDatalink/Driver Recorder/Front Camera harness
- Camera input adapter harness
- Mic/SWC harness
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5' cable terminated by a right-angle stereo-3.5mm connector)
- Surface-mount bracket
- Two-sided tape
- GPS antenna (attached 8' cable with proprietary connector)
- Self-adhesive mounting pad
- 3 Self-adhesive cable clamps
- 2 Rear covers
- HDMI connector clamp
- 4 Pan-head ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Counter-sunk ISO-screws (M5x8mm)
- 3 Display screws (M5x8mm)
- 2 Hinge screws (M3x4mm)
- 2 Rear cover screws (M2.6x6mm)
- 4 Rectangle self-adhesive sheets
- 4 Square self-adhesive sheets
- 2 Round self-adhesive sheets
- 2 Semi-oval self-adhesive sheets
- Quick Reference Guide
- Online Registration Information
- Online Detailed Manual Card
Any other questions or concerns please try our live chat or give us a call at (973)-803-2834
to Buy From Us